English & Foreign Languages Advising
Goals of advising in EFL
- To help the student select an academic program that will best meet his/her needs, interests, and career plans.
- To develop a stable, supportive one-on-one relationship with the student to better sustain progress through his/her academic program.
- To assist the student in acquiring information about university requirements and student services.
- To encourage the student to complete his/her degree program in a timely manner.
- To support the student in making plans for a future career and/or further academic study.
Advising in EFL is coordinated by Autumn Meade (firstname.lastname@example.org, 706-737-1500) in the main office (Allgood E227). Master Advisors in EFL are Sara Griswold for Foreign Languages (email@example.com, 706-731-7078) and Christina Heckman for English (firstname.lastname@example.org, 706-667-4436).
Helpful links for advisees and advisors
- Advising FAQs from A to Z
- ASU Advising Edge
- ASU Academic Advisement
- Checklist for English Literature major with a Secondary Education minor
- Counseling Center
- Registration Help
- Registration Worksheet
- Responsibilities of Advisees and Advisors
- Study Abroad
- Testing and Disability Services
- University College Advising Aid
- "Where's What?" Campus Guide and Map
- Withdrawal Form
- Withdrawal Policy
- Writing Center
- Foreign Language Tutoring
- Math Lab (Learning Support)
- Math and Computer Science Help Sessions
Track sheets for EFL majors and minors
- BA in English: Literature track
- BA in English: Secondary Education track
- BA in English: Creative Writing track
- BA in English: Rhetoric and Composition track
- English (minor)
- B.A. in Foreign Languages: French Track
- B.A. in Foreign Languages: French Track with P-12 Teacher Certification
- B.A. in Foreign Languages: Spanish Track
- B.A. in Foreign Languages: Spanish Track with P-12 Teacher Certification
- French, German, and Spanish (minors)
- Humanities (minor)
- Women's Studies (minor)
Planning major courses semester-by-semester
- English/Creative Writing
- English/Secondary Education
- English/Rhetoric and Composition